Let's start things off the right way with a "Dad Joke":
What time did the man go to the dentist? Tooth hurt-y (I know, sorry)!
Thanks to everyone who made this an incredible summer for me and my family! I love what I do and appreciate your friendship and loyalty. As the season changes, I wanted to take this opportunity to update everyone on a couple of things in the real estate world.
New Closing Procedures
On October 3rd, 2015, new lending laws will change the way mortgages are obtained. Be sure to ask me what those changes are and how they will affect the home purchase process.
Fall Housing Market
Think that home buyers retreat during the autumn months? Think again. Fall is an excellent time of year to have your property on the market. Here are five reasons why:
1. Inventory is low and the buyers are serious.
2. Fall holidays allow for seasonal decor and scents, creating a homey feel for potential buyers. Pumpkins and mums on the front porch and hot apple cider simmering on the stove provide a warm welcome.
3. Color-turning leaves provide natural curb appeal and fall foliage can make your house look picture perfect. Just make sure to rake the leaves when they fall and keep your walkway clear!
4. Temperatures have cooled, bringing weather that is much better suited for home shopping. Autumn days get shorter though, so you'll want to brighten up your home with warm lighting.
5. With the New Year approaching, it is the perfect opportunity for a potential homebuyer to start a new chapter. Your house may be the ideal setting for this story!
Next to spring, fall is the busiest season for home buying and selling. Autumn offers certain benefits to home buyers, including year-end tax breaks, pleasant weather conditions for moving and a wide selection of homes for sale.
Fall Home-Buying Tips
Given the home-buying competition and the short, pre-holiday timetable in autumn, you may be tempted to place a bid that is out of your price range, for fear of losing the home.
Before you make an offer, know what kind of house you need and what you can realistically afford, and stick to your budget.
You will want to prequalify for a loan so that you’ll be ready to act when you find the home you want.
And as always, whatever season you buy in, buy at the best time for you and your family, and hold out for the right house- there are always more homes to see and to choose from.
I am happy to help you or someone you know buy or sell your home in any season! With more than 45 years of experience in Team Teasdale Realty, we are well equipped and ready to serve your real estate needs. Call me today at 801.362.0382.